IN GENERAL. You are not required to provide any personal information to us unless and until you choose to register, create an account, make a purchase, sign up for one of our e-mail newsletters, otherwise engage in certain business or activities with us. We do not knowingly permit the Sweat Reset website or Services to be used by any person under the age of eighteen and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children (meaning those younger than thirteen years of age).
We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, and billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date). We may also request information about your hotel room preferences and frequent flyer and car rental program information. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in
INFORMATION ABOUT OTHERS. If you communicate with us regarding someone else through this Website, we may request personal information and travel preferences about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information and travel preferences.
INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES. We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to our account information. Examples of information we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and demographic information. In addition, if you create an account with us via your social media account, link your account with us to your social media account, or use certain other SweatReset.com social media features, we may access information about you via that social media provider in accordance with the provider’s policies. The information may include your name, email address, profile picture, gender, list of friends, and other information that you authorize us to receive. Depending on the privacy settings of you and your friends, we may access information that you provide to a social media provider regarding your respective locations (“Location Data”) to provide you with relevant content. Please note that your Location Data may also be shared with your friends on a social media provider in accordance with your privacy settings for that social media provider.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION. We may automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit this Website. For example, we may collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, Chrome, or Internet Explorer/Edge), and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as trips viewed and bookings made. Our goals in collecting this automatic information include helping customize your user experience and inhibiting fraud.
MAKING A PURCHASE. In order to make purchases, book travel, etc. via SweatReset.com, you must provide us with certain personal information such as your name, your credit or debit card number and expiration date, your credit or debit card billing address, your telephone number, your e-mail address and the name or names of any person(s) traveling with you. We may also ask for or need your date of birth and gender. We require this information so we can process, fulfill and confirm your reservations and transactions and otherwise process your travel package. If you are planning a travel package or making a reservation for one or more other travelers, you will need to make sure each of these other travelers agrees, in advance, that you may disclose their personal information to us. For your convenience, we make certain information about your travel available to you or other persons authorized by you to receive such information. For example, if you forget your flight number, you or another person authorized by you may retrieve that information from us after confirming your or their identity.
DATA RELATING TO AGENCY OR INDUSTRY REQUIREMENTS. The Transportation Security Administration (“TSA”) and other government agencies obviously play a key role in travel, especially air travel. We may collect data from you which facilitates our and/or your compliance with government and industry regulations and requirements.
ONLINE SURVEYS. Sweat Reset values opinions and comments from members, so we may from time to time conduct online surveys. Participation in these surveys is optional. Typically, we aggregate the information we collect and use it to make improvements to Sweat Reset and to develop appealing content, features
SUBMITTED CONTENT. You may choose to voluntarily submit information to Sweat Reset in a number of different ways, information that Sweat Reset does not require you to provide; this is referred to as “Submitted Content”. Please note that if you include personally identifiable information in your Submitted Content, it may be used and viewed by others. We are not responsible for the information you choose to include in your Submitted Content or for affording it privacy protections.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION. We may use sensitive billing information (such as cardholder name, credit card number, and expiration date) for the purpose of facilitating your participation in our programs, Activities, and Services. We may use other information about you for the following general purposes:
- to provide you with the products and services you request; to provide you with travel confirmation and updates;
- to manage your account, including processing bills and providing travel notifications;
- to communicate with you in general;
- to respond to your questions and comments;
- to measure interest in and improve our products, services, and Website;
- to notify you about special offers and products or services that may be of interest to you;
- to otherwise customize your experience with this Website;
- to reward you as part of any reward and recognition program you choose to join;
- to solicit information from you, including through surveys;
- to resolve disputes, collect fees, or troubleshoot problems (at our discretion);
- to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- to enforce these Terms and any other agreements with or relating to you; and
- as otherwise described to you.
We may share your information with the following entities:
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our Website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. They are also required to follow the same data security practices that we ourselves adhere to.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our Website. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Referring websites. If you were referred to this Website from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring website’s use of your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
We also may share your information as follows:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or
other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims;or as otherwise required by law. In such caseswe reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company or this Website, our customers, or others; and in connection with these Terms and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our Website receives or the most popular vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION. You can access and update your contact information by visiting this Website’s Member Profile page. You can close your account by contacting us at the email address listed below. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account, including for analytical purposes as well as for record keeping integrity.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. By changing the options on your web browser or using certain software programs, you can control how and whether cookies will be accepted by your browser. However, blocking Sweat Reset cookies may disable certain features on our site and may make it impossible to purchase or use certain services available on the site. Please note that it is possible to block cookie activity from certain web sites while permitting cookies from sites you trust, like Sweat Reset.
In addition to the above cookies, we use local shared objects, also referred to as “flash cookies”, on our web site. These are used to enhance your user experience, for example, by storing your user preferences and settings, such as your volume/mute settings, and in connection with animated content on our Website. Local shared objects are similar to browser cookies but can store data more complex than simple text. By themselves, they cannot do anything to or with the data on your computer. To find out more about flash cookies or how to disable them, please
We may also use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our site to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, and to improve site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
ADVERTISING DATA COLLECTED BY US TO DISPLAY RELEVANT ADVERTISING TO YOU. Sweat Reset is committed to providing you with relevant content and information. To do this, we may, through cookies and other technologies, collect information about your travel-related interests. We use this information, together with other information we have collected, to display ads to you on our Website or elsewhere online that match your apparent interests. So, for example, if you search for a travel package relating to Hawaii using the Sweat Reset Service, you may see an advertisement for a Hawaii travel package on our sites or on another website you visit.
You can choose not to receive customized online advertising on other websites, which is based on your travel-related searches on this Website, through the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance.
ADVERTISING DATA COLLECTED BY AFFILIATES AND AD NETWORKS TO DISPLAY RELEVANT ADVERTISING TO YOU. We may allow third parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies and other technologies. We do not permit these third parties to collect personal information about you via any advertisements you may see via the Website. These third parties include (1) business partners, who collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements on our sites and (2) advertising networks (and their partners), which collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on many different websites on the Internet. The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about you, your interests or preferences, and sometimes to display advertisements to you on the Website and/or on other websites.
DATA COLLECTED BY COMPANIES THAT OPERATE COOKIE-BASED EXCHANGES TO SERVE YOU WITH RELEVANT ADVERTISING. Like other companies operating online, Sweat Reset participates in cookie-based exchanges where anonymous information is collected about your browsing behavior through cookies and other technologies and segmented into different topics of interest (such as travel). These topics of interest are then shared with third parties, including advertisers and ad networks, so they can tailor advertisements to your apparent interests. We do not share personal information (such as your email address) with these companies and we do not permit these companies to collect any such information about you on our site.
HOW LOCATION SPECIFIC INFORMATION IS USED. If you use our location-enabled products and services, such as our Applications, you may be sending us location data. This information may reveal your actual location, such as GPS data, or it may not, such as when you submit an address to look at travel packages for that location. We use your location information to process and personalize your requests, such as by pre-filling the city name when you are searching for travel options (such as a nearby hotel or other travel related service). We also use location information for support, to develop new features, a better user experience and to improve the overall quality of customers’ experiences with us.
OTHER. From time to time we may add or enhance services available to you. To the extent these services are provided and used by you, we will use the information you provide to facilitate the service requested. For example, if you email us with a question, we will use information such as your email address, name and the nature of the question, to respond to your question. We may also store such information to assist us in making our Website better and easier to use.
YOUR CHOICES WITH RESPECT TO COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION. As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to book travel or to take advantage of certain features offered on this site. You also can add or update information and close your account as described above. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from commercial emails in any such message that we send you. If you are a registered member, you can also modify your choice at any time on the Member Profile page. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your account or to your transactions on this site, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. You may have the opportunity on our Website to provide a mobile number in order to receive messages or alerts. You may discontinue these
USE OF APPLICATIONS. When you use a Sweat Reset application (“App”) via a mobile phone, tablet, desktop, or
- We collect information about App functionality that you access and use. This allows us to identify those areas of the App that are of interest to our customers so we can refine and continuously improve the App. The information we collect for this purpose does not enable us to directly identify you.
- Each App also sends us the device’s unique device identifier (or “UID”), a sequence of numbers or characters that are unique to your mobile device. We use this only on the first opening of the App so we can confirm to our advertising networks the number of downloads resulting from clicks on their respective ad banners and other marketing tools.
- When you use an App, you can choose to allow access to your current location – provided by your mobile device using GPS or similar technologies – in order to identify nearby hotels or airports. If you choose to allow access, this location data may be collected anonymously as part of search requests logged by our servers. You typically can switch off the App’s access to your location at any time through your phone settings menu.
- Each App will also send us error-reporting information in the event that it crashes or hangs. This enables us to investigate the error and to improve the stability of the App for future releases. As part of these error reports, the App sends us information about the mobile device type and version, the UID, the time the error occurred, the feature being used and the state of the application when the error occurred. We do not use this information for any purpose other than investigating and remedying the error.
You typically have the ability to control what information an App sends to us. You can exercise this control either by changing the settings of the App under its setting menu or changing the settings of your mobile device. Alternatively, you can remove the App from your mobile device entirely and access our services through our Website.
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY. This is a general audience website and does not offer services directed to children. Should a child whom we know to be under 13 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information.
VISITING OUR WEBSITE FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES. If you are visiting our Website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States, where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.